Eggless Banana Walnut Cake

When Banana gets  over riped we don't like to eat them ..Thats the time when they are perfect for making cakes or  some desserts .Whenever I have over riped bananas at home ,I bake a cake or make banana fritters.I also had some walnuts lying in my fridge so suddenly thought of baking a cake with it.I have always made Banana cake using different combo I now wanted a Eggless Version so immediately baked this soft moist wonderful cake.
And i also was eager to try the paper loaf tin which i recently purchased .I have modified the original recipe(banana bread from Nigella's cookbook) calls for eggs but i substituted with cream.
The result was soft moist yummy banana walnut cake.


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup All purpose flour
3 over riped Bananas
3/4 cup walnuts chopped
3/4 -1 cup powdered sugar(i used 3/4 cup as the bananas were sweet)
1/4 cup cream
2 tbsp milk
1 cup butter
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract
3/4 cup walnut(chopped fine)


Method:

Sieve together flour and baking powder and soda.

Beat  sugar, butter ,cream and milk together then add the vanilla extract.

Then add the walnuts and fold in the flour

Gently mix well then pour in greased cake tin and bake for 40 minutes at 180 Degree Celsius  or till tooth pick inserted comes  out clean .


Note:
If you want to add eggs add 2 beaten eggs  and beat with the sugar and butter and omit the cream
NewerStories OlderStories Home

6 comments:

  1. looks very nice..i love walnuts..

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely cake..n eggless so all the more good

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hallo Gloria....I always made this for my breakfast :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lOOKS PERFECT !
    WWW.SAILAJAKITCHEN.ORG

    ReplyDelete