Fruit Cake with Marzipan and Fondant Icing...Happy New Year 2014

Wishing one and all a very happy and blessed New year ..May this year bring lots of blessings &love in your life..I am very happy this first day of this new year as i did something I always wished to..I made this beautiful cake .
I love making cakes I have always been trying new recipes with cakes .It was a long wish to try a wedding cake at home I use to always admire beautifully crafted wedding cakes and would always wish to make one.I wanted to make a fruit cake and cover it with Marzipan and Icing for Christmas but couldn't do so as I was busy making sweets but finally found some time yesterday and made this beautiful cake and my wish came true this new year ..Hoping to make many more cakes this year.
I will be posting a detailed recipe  tommorow with few stepwise pics which i managed to click.Till then Im sharing few pics of this wonderful cake which looked beautiful & tasted awesome.


NewerStories OlderStories Home

16 comments:

  1. Hi Gloria,
    This is such a lovely cake to usher into a new year!!
    I already felt very happy looking at your lovely cake.
    Wishing you and you loved ones a Blessed Happy New Year!
    mui

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow... the cake looks really beautiful... amazing work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful n lovely decoration.:)happy new year2014:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. looks gorgeous dear..beautiful....waiting for the recipe n more pics

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love marzipan...such a beautiful cake Gloria...what a lovely way to start a year.
    Happy New Year and have a wonderful week ahead :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Gloria!

    Thank you so much for visiting my blog. What a lovely blog you have and oh my goodness, that cake is gorgeous!!! I will certainly be back for the recipe!!! Thank you so much for sharing...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by and for such wonderful comment..hoping to hear more from you here..

      Delete
  7. WOW! What a impressively gorgeous cake!!! Your cake decoration skills are amazing! I would certainly hesitate to cut into it. Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot dear.. It means a lot

      Delete