I have added capsicum you could add baby corns and mushrooms as well .It's a simple and easy recipe which goes well with rotis/rice/naan.Do give it a try.
200 gms paneer cut in cubes
1/2 tsp kasuri methi/dry fenugreek leaves
3 tbsp curds
1 tsp red chilli powder
for the gravy
1 large onion chopped finely
1/2 cup tomato puree
1 capsicum chopped
1 tbsp coriander powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp kasuri methi
1/2 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp cream(optional)
3 tbsp oil .
salt to taste.
- Mix the chilli powder ,kasuri methi ,salt ,curds and marinate the paneer pieces.
- Shallow fry the paneer pieces & keep aside.
- On a tawa/griddle/ non stick pan heat oil add cumin seeds,onion and saute till brown.
- Then add the chopped capsicum & saute.
- Then add the tomato puree & fry till oil separates .
- Add the chilli powder/kasuri methi, garam masala,salt and about 1/2 cup water.
- Let it cook for 5 min then lastly add the paneer pieces & chat masala mix well.
- If using cream add now & give it a stir & cook for a minute .
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves & serve hot.
You could add 2 grated tomatoes instead of the tomato puree.