Its only during lent these veg cutlets are prepared at home& relished by all.Its a simple recipe with veg some spices & cheese which everyone enjoys both kids & adults.
2 potatoes med sized
100 gms elephnt foot yam /suran
1/2 cup sweet corn
1/2 cup green peas
1 sweet potato
2 tbsp cheese grated.
1 onion chopped finely
2-3 garlic minced
1/2 inch ginger grated.
1 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp cumin powder
2 green chillies chopped
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp chaat masala
1 tbsp chopped coriander leaves.
1 tsp cornflour
1tsp gram flour/besan
bread crumbs to coat
oil to shallow fry
salt to taste
- Boil all the vegetables & mash them .
- In a vessel heat 1 tbsp oil then add the ginger -garlic & saute.
- Then add chopped onion& fry well till soft & translucent.
- Mix all the powdered masala ,salt to the mashed veggies along with the sauteed onion & ginger garlic.
- Add chopped coriander leaves & grated cheese.e
- Then add the besan & mix well.
- Shape as desired .
- Refrigerate for 15 min .
- Mix the cornflour with little water to make a slurry ,not too thick.
- Dip the cutlets into the slurry & roll on the breadcrumbs.
- Shallow fry till golden brown & serve hot with tomato ketchup.
- The cutlets can be freezed for later use when you wish to fry thaw it & shallow fry.