Besan Ladoo

I love Indian sweets one of my most favourite is besan ladoos .Besan ladoos are soft delicious melt in mouth ladoos which I bet you can't stop eating if you taste one...I'm totally addicted to these from childhood and so we always prepare a large batch of it. Recently I was craving for some Christmas sweets but since its lent and most of Christmas sweets contain egg and are time consuming I made these ladoos.Its very easy to prepare and can be easily done under 30 -45 min. So give it a try and you will love this for sure.




Ingredients:
  • Besan/gram flour 2 cups
  • Powdered sugar 3/4 -1 cup
  • Melted Ghee/Clarified butter 1 cup
  • Cardamon powder 1/2 tsp
  • Chopped almonds &cashews 2tbsp
  • Raisins 10-15


 
Method:
  • In a kadhai/heavy bottomed vessel ,dry roast besan over low flame for about 8-10 min till the colour changes and it gives a nice aroma.
  • Add the ghee in two to three additions continuously stirring the besan to avoid browning.
  • After stirring further for 2-3 min switch off the flame and take the kadhai down.
  • Spread the mixture on a large thali/plate and add the powdered sugar ,nuts and cardamon /elaichi powder.
  • Mix it well with a spatula so that no lumps are formed.
  • Once its warm enough to handle shape it into ladoos.
  • Gently press almond/raisins on top of each  ladoo.
  • Let it cool completely before storing it in airtight container.
sending this to Haffa's event ..Back to School
NewerStories OlderStories Home

24 comments:

  1. I love this laddos too. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe for besan laddooos......Looks sooo lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a new one on me Gloria but I sure wouldn't mind a sample. They sound quite intriguing:) Thank you so much for sharing...I love learning new dishes especially snacks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My favorite ladoo...lovely clicks..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Healthy and yummy besan ladoo...looks very delightful dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum yummy . First time your blog am following u , Glad if u will follow me back

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is some treat......looks yummylecious :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I wish there was less ghee.. :) Because I am sure I would have much more than few of them..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Like the basan Ladoos. Perfect for this festive season. Made to perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahaha!! One of my fav for the ghee and cardomon aromas. Made to perfection and wonderfully presented.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice treat Gloria...they sure look addictive.
    Have a great week :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Besan laddo looks delicious Gloria love it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow......... Besan laddos looks awesum and drool worthy !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. they look so lovely....can me pass on some...mouthwatering here

    ReplyDelete
  15. Cute lovely ladoos.Thanks for following me..very happy to follow u bck too.

    ReplyDelete
  16. tasty ladoos
    happy to follow you

    ReplyDelete
  17. delicious!!Feel like eating it right away!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. love to follow your blog dear thanks for stopping by my place and you have a wonderful collection of recipes :)

    ReplyDelete