- Besan/gram flour 2 cups
- Powdered sugar 3/4 -1 cup
- Melted Ghee/Clarified butter 1 cup
- Cardamon powder 1/2 tsp
- Chopped almonds &cashews 2tbsp
- Raisins 10-15
- In a kadhai/heavy bottomed vessel ,dry roast besan over low flame for about 8-10 min till the colour changes and it gives a nice aroma.
- Add the ghee in two to three additions continuously stirring the besan to avoid browning.
- After stirring further for 2-3 min switch off the flame and take the kadhai down.
- Spread the mixture on a large thali/plate and add the powdered sugar ,nuts and cardamon /elaichi powder.
- Mix it well with a spatula so that no lumps are formed.
- Once its warm enough to handle shape it into ladoos.
- Gently press almond/raisins on top of each ladoo.
- Let it cool completely before storing it in airtight container.