This curry is pretty simple & easy to prepare there is no grinding needed .The key ingredient is the Bottle Masala which is prepared in bulk for the rest of the year during summers in every East Indian Catholic family .I will be posting the recipe soon in coming month. The bottle masala makes the simplest curry tasty we use it for fish ,meat and vegetables too.You will easily find it in any cold storage & markets in Mumbai.
This curry also taste good with fish masala too if you cannot find the bottle masala you just will need to add some coriander cumin powder ..
10-15 prawns deveined
1 tbsp bottle masala/fish masala
3 green chillies slitted
5-6 garlic chopped
1 inch ginger chopped
a sprig curry leaves
2 potatoes cut into quarters
1 tomato finely chopped
2 onions finely chopped
1 tsp tamarind pulp
1/2 tsp turmeric powder/haldi
salt to taste
2 tbsp oil
- Devein the prawns ,wash, drain the excess water Marinate with salt &turmeric powder.
- In a vessel heat oil then add the curry leaves.
- Put the chopped onion & saute till soft then add chopped ginger garlic & saute till raw smell disappears.
- Add the slit green chillies & fry for 3-4 min.
- Then add the tomatoes & fry well till the oil separates & it turns mushy.
- Now add the marinated prawns & fry for 5-7 min.
- Then add the bottle/fish masala & saute well over low heat for 4-5 min.
- Add water & potatoes cover the lid & let it come to nice boil.
- Simmer the heat & continue to cook till the potato is boiled.
- Lastly add chopped coriander leaves .
- Serve hot with rice/bread/chapatti/handbreads.