- 250 gms mince beef/mutton /chicken
- 1 egg
- 1 green chilli
- 2 med onions
- 5-6 garlic cloves
- 1/2 inch ginger
- 8-10 peppercorns
- 2 tbsp bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp coriander chopped
- salt to taste
- juice of lime
- 1.5 tbsp oil
- salt to taste .
- Wash the mince well and keep it in the colander to drain the excess water.the mince has to be very dry.
- Then ground the onions,ginger garlic,chilli pepper ,coriander together coarsely.
- To this coarsely ground mixture add the washed mince ,egg and crumbs n grind again till combined.
- Mix breadcrumbs,salt and egg to this and shape into patties.
- Keep the shaped patty in the fridge for minimum 30 min.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the patty turning both sides till its cooked well and fried evenly.
- place the cheese slice on the fried patty and place
- Slice the buns into two ,spread mayo,ketchup /mustard sauce as you like.
- I just kept a slice of cheese on the hot fried patty so that it melts.
- Then I added onion rings and tomato slices .
- Cover the burger with a tooth pick and serve.
You can mix the ketchup with mayo and spread it on the buns .
You can add lettuce/salad leaves too
If you wish to store longer place parchment paper between each patty and freeze it.
Sending this to Haffa's event Back to school