- 250 gm butter, softened
- 250 gm castor sugar
- 125 gm maida
- 125 gm sugee/semolina/rava
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup cashew ground
- 1/2 cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp rose/almond essence
- 4 eggs
- Pre heat oven 160 degree for 10 min.
- Line a 9 inch cake pan with parchment .
- Mix the flour,sugee,baking powder together along with the nuts powder .
- Cream the butter and sugar until fluffy and light.
- Then mix to this on egg at time and beat till everything is combined.
- Add the milk,essence,vanilla and mix well.
- Fold in the flour in 3 to 4 addition and mix till its combined ,I use the beater on low speed to mix.
- Keep aside for 15-20 min .then stir gently before pouring it in the cake tin.
- Pour the batter in the cake tin lined with parchment.
- Cover the cake with foil towards the last 10 min of baking to prevent it getting dark
- Bake for 55-60 min at 160 degree celsius or till the skewer comes out clean.
You can make your own almond meal at home just blanch almonds and wipe it clean with kitchen towel and pulse in a mixer till you get a fine powder .you could also powder it with the skin on .
Eggs give this cake a lovely texture and adds softness replacing eggs will totally change the texture and taste.