I used chicken and capsicum filling which i will post later you can use any filling of your choice ,you could use paneer or any veg filling to make it vegetarian.
(recipe adapted from here)
2 cups flour
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1.5 tsp yeast
1 tbsp milk powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp butter
2 tbsp oil
- Dissolve yeast in lukewarm water along with 1 tbsp sugar let it sit for a while till its frothy.
- Mix the flour,salt,milk powder together in a bowl ,to this add the yeast .
- Start kneading to a soft dough adding milk,melted butter.
- Once it turns to a soft sticky mass slowly add in the oil .
- Knead well for 8-10 min till you get a smooth soft dough.
- Cover the bowl with cling wrap and set aside for 45-60 min till it doubles the size.
- Once it has doubled punch down and knead for 4-5 min.
- Divide into balls .
- Roll it flat like a chapatti/rectangle.
- Place the filling on one side of the rolled dough and fold the dough over the filling to enclose it.
- Cut strips on the other half of the rolled dough then roll gently all the way to the end.
- Pace the rolls on the baking tray lined with parchment paper ,cover it with damp kitchen towel for 30-45 min.
- Preheat the oven 180 C for 10 min
- Brush the top with milk/egg wash and sprinkle sesame seeds.
- Bake for 20 -25 min .
- Brush with melted butter once its out of the oven.
- Enjoy hot or cold.