250 gms bonless chicken
150 gms broken/cracked wheat/dalia/lapsi
100 gms oats.
1 tbsp garam masala powder
1 tbsp pepper powder/as needed
2 medium sized onions chopped finely
2 onions sliced thinly
5 green chillies finely chopped
1/4 cup fresh cream
1/2 cup coriander leaves chopped
few sprigs of mint leaves
1.5 tsp cinnamon powder
1 .5 tsp ginger garlic paste
3-4 tbsp oil
2 tbsp ghee
salt to taste.
- Soak the broken wheat/dalia/lapsi for 4-5 hrs.
- Soak the oats for 15-20 min.
- Clean,Wash the chicken pieces and cut to small pieces apply some salt and set aside.
- Fry the sliced onions in oil till brown & crispy.
- In the cooker vessel add oil then add chopped onions and fry till golden brown.
- Then add half of chopped green chillies and ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell goes off.
- Now add the chicken pieces and fry for 4-5 min.
- Then add 1 tsp garam masala powder ,salt,pepper and Cinnamon powder.
- Now add the broken wheat and continue frying for 5-7 min.
- Add 4-5 cup of water and cover with the lid.
- Let it come to full pressure then simmer and cook for 20-25 min on very low flame.
- After 25 min ,switch the gas off,release the pressure and let it cool .
- With hand blender ,blend it to smooth and creamy mixture.
- Now mix the cream, remaining garam masala powder,cinnamon powder coriander leaves .
- Add salt if required.
- Heat the ghee ,add the remaining chillies .
- Pour the ghee mixture over the creamy chicken mixture .
- Garnish with fried onions and serve hot.
This is a very mild dish ,I have added extra pepper and chillies.
To fasten the process and save the cooking time I have cooked it in pressure cooker,Normally its cooked in heavy bottomed pan for 1.5-2 hrs on low flame stirring continuously.
Adding oats is optional you can make it with wheat alone.