I would love to wish my friends ,readers and everyone a very Blessed and Happy Diwali . May this festive season illuminate your life with love joy and peace .I am sharing one of my favourite seet with you all ..I know I say this in every sweet i post hehehe But I love sweets and I just can't resist.
1 cup cashew
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 tbsp milk
1 tsp ghee
few strands of saffron/kesar.
- Grind the cashews to a fine powder .The powder should be fine..Don't over blend the cashews or it will start releasing oil.
- Sieve the powdered cashew and keep aside.
- In a non stick pan/ kadhai take sugar and water and place it over the gas on a medium flame.
- Stir so that the sugar dissolves . mix the milk and the saffron .
- You will see bubbles appearing and soon you will get one thread consistency.
- Let it boil further more for few sec then add the cashew powder and ghee and continue stirring .
- Continue stirring till it leaves the sides of the pan ,it will take few minutes seconds so keep an eye.
- You will see dough is formed switch the flame off and continue to stir .
- Remove the mixture over a greased thali or on a butter paper.
- Take a big butter paper and keep the dough inside it cover it with the other half of butter paper and roll it thinly with a rolling pin.
- Using a sharp knife cut into diamonds shape and enjoy homemade kaju katli
bring the cashews to room temperature before grinding it.
the grinder should be clean and dry.
The flame will remain low /medium low .
You can also add a pinch of cardmomjpowder while the sugar is been dissloved.
You can also add the cashew powder right after you get the one tnreadf consistency but then you will have tyo knead the dough once you take it out .
I havve tried doing so but prefer this method to wait for 2-3 seconds after you get the one thread consistency adding cashew powder fastens the cooking process and you dont have to knead ity to a dough .
You just got to put it over the parchment/butter paper and roll it thinly.
If you wish you could knead the dough and if the dough hardens add few drops of milk or ghee and knead but i didint have to knead.