1/2 kg Chicken
1 tsp pepper powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp lime juice
for the masala
2 med onions chopped fine
2 med/1 big tomato
1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp pepper powder
1 tsp red chilli powder
1 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 tsp fennel powder
1 inch cinnamon stick
sprig of curry leaves
- Marinate the chicken pieces with salt ,lime, turmeric powder,pepper for 15-20 min.
- Saute the chicken pieces till they turn brown and keep aside.
- In a pan heat oil then add the curry leaves, chopped onion and saute till the raw smell goes off.
- Add the chopped tomato and fry till mushy.
- Mix in the ginger garlic paste and saute for 3-4 min.
- Then add the cinnamon stick and the pepper powder,chilli powder ,fennel powder and saute.
- now dd the chicken nd mix well till the masala coats the chicken.
- Add about 1.5 cup water and let it come to nice boil.
- You can adjust the amount of water according to the gravy consistency you want.
- Lastly add the garam masala powder.
- Serve hot with Naan /roti/rice/chapati and some Chicken fry/Chicken Roast