I have not added any taste maker instead i have used stock which i made from prawns shells & head which was thoroughly washed then boiled with few spices salt& water.This brings out the real flavor and makes the pulav very tasty.If you are worried it well smell awful believe me you wont even come to know as the freshness of the ground masala and the spices give this pulao wonderful aroma which lingers in your house as you cook.
If you're cooking for kids lessen the number of chillies & pepper used.You can make this with basmati or any fragrant rice ..Ambemohar & kolam works best for this..
- Prawns 12-15 cleaned ,deveined
- 1.5 tsp lime juice
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- Rice 2 cups
- 2-3 cloves
- 2 onion sliced
- 1 tomato chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 star anise
- 6-7 peppercorns
- Coriander leaves medium bunch
- Mint leaves fistful
- 5-6 green chillies
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 inch cinnamon stick
- 2-3 cloves
- Ginger 1inch
- 6-8 Garlic cloves
- Clean the prawns devein it wash and drain the excess water .
- Marinate the prawns with salt,1 tsp lime juice & turmeric powder for 15-20 min.
- Wash the shell & the heads well with water.
- In a vessel put the shells ,head ,1 bay leaf,3 peppercorns,2 cloves salt and water & let it come to nice boil.
- Grind together all the ingredients under to be ground to paste.
- In the cooker body heat oil add bay leaves & sliced onion .
- Fry over medium flame till soft & translucent.
- Now add the chopped tomatoes & fry till it turns mushy.
- Add the ground masala paste & fry well till the raw smell goes off.
- Mix in the marinated prawns & fry for 4-5 min.
- Add the rice & fry well for 3-4 min .
- Mix in the prepared stock mix well add salt only if needed.
- Cover the cooker with the lid & pressure cook 2 whistles.
- Simmer & cook for 2 min.
- Switch off the gas,release the pressure & fluff the rice with fork.
- Serve hot with raita and some butter garlic prawns
Sending this to Remmy's Event