If you love mozzarella do cut small cubes and place it in between each croquettes .When these croquettes are deep fried the mozzarella cheesy just oozes out with every bite ..OH its yummy..I have added cheddar and Parmesan cheese You can add whichever cheese you fancy.
These can be made well in advance and kept frozen .Then you just deep fry them whenever you want to.I have blended sweet corns coarsely you can simply add corns to the potato mixture.
4 medium Potatoes boiled
1 cup sweet corn
1 tsp pepper powder
1 tsp red chilli flakes /as needed
1 tsp mixed herbs
1 tbsp finely chopped coriander leaves
1/2 cup Cheddar cheese
1 tbsp Parmesan cheese
For the white sauce
1 tsp butter
1 1/2 tbsp maida/flour
1/2 cup milk
For the coating
3 tbsp Flour
1 tbsp cornflour
oil to fry.
- In a saucepan heat butter ,add the flour and stir for 1-2 min.
- Then add the milk and keep stirring constantly till you get a thick dough like mixture.
- Mash the boiled potatoes and mix with the crushed corn.
- Mix the thickened white sauce to the corn and potato.
- Add the chilli flakes,pepper ,herbs and cheese.
- Sparingly add salt since cheesy is also salty.
- Mix the cheese and the coriander leaves and mix till all is well combined to a dough.
- Divide into small balls and shape into cylindrical size.
- Refrigerate these croquettes for 15-20 min.
- Make a paste of flour,cornflour and water ,the paste should be dropping consistency.
- Dip the croquettes in this flour paste and roll into breadcrumbs .
- Refrigerate for 15 min.
- Heat oil in a pan and deep fry these on medium heat till they turn golden brown.
- You can either shallow fry or deep fry these croquettes.
- Serve hot with sauce/dip of your choice.