1 inch cinnamon stick
1/4 tsp chaat masala
1 tsp lime juice
3-4 green chillies chopped
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
few strands of saffron
1/4 cup milk
ghee 1 tbsp
- In a thick bottomed vessel add 1 tbsp melted ghee and spread the rice layer over.
- Put the gravy and the chopped mint leaves and coriander leaves and arrange the tandoori chicken over the gravy.
- Crush the fried onions and sprinkle some nuts.
- Repeat with the remaining layer of rice and Sprinkle the remaining fried onions and nuts over.
- Lastly pour the saffron infused milk.
- Cover with the lid and cook on a very low heat for 15-20 min.
- Serve hot with tandoori chicken and raita.
to give the chicken smoke flavour I have placed a piece of burning coal in a silver foil in the centre of the cooked tandoori chicken and poured few drops of oil over and immediately closed the lid for 5 min discard the coal and the foil.