Its a simple soup but very tasty .I normally don't add onions but then I had one onion cut into half and didn't want to waste it so added that too..
We all enjoyed the soup and felt much better as we had it..here is the simple recipe for my fav mutton soup..
250 gms mutton (preferably with bone i used chops and marrow bone)
1/2 onion roughly chopped
1 tomato chopped rough
1 inch ginger crushed
8-9 black pepper crushed
3 big cloves garlic crushed
1/4 tsp haldi/turmeric powder
- Beat the chop with a steak hammer and wash it well.
- In the cooker add mutton, pepper ,salt ,tomato ,haldi ,onion ,ginger garlic and water and cover the pressure cooker with the lid.
- Let it cook for 2-3 whistles then reduce the flame and simmer for 5 min more
- Release the pressure and open the lid
- Serve hot with bread/ steamed rice or have it as it is.