Well coming back to today's post this is a simple Prawn curry made with coconut it gets this beautiful colour because of the masala .You sure can add any fish masala or Malwani Masala to be precise which is close to bottle masala.
10-12 prawns cleaned
to grind to paste
1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp coriander seeds
7-8 garlic cloves
1 " ginger
1 tbsp bottle masala /malvani masala/fish masala
2 tbsp oil
2 med sized onions sliced
1 tomato chopped
1 tbsp tamarind pulp/as needed
- Apply salt to the cleaned prawns and keep aside for 10 minutes
- Meanwhile grind together coconut,cumin seeds ,coriander seeds ginger and garlic to smooth paste adding little water.
- Heat oil ,add sliced onions and saute on medium flame till soft.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and saute
- Now add in the ground paste and bottle masala and mix well
- Add the Prawns and give it a good mix add water the potatoes and let it come to a nice boil.
- Add the tamarind pulp and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes
- Add salt if needed and let it simmer till potatoes are cooked.
- Add the tamarind pulp and let it simmer for 2-3mins
- Serve hot with rice/bhakris/chapatis I enjoyed it with some masala fried prawns.