1/2 kg mutton chops (single rib)
1.5 tsp ginger garlic paste
4-6 green chillies /as needed
1 tsp garam masala powder
1 cup coriander leaves
few mint leaves
1 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp lime juice
breadcrumbs to coat
oil to fry.
- Wash the chops well then drain excess water
- Apply salt lime juice and turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste.
- Grind together chillies, coriander mint leaves, cumin seeds ,garam masala powder to a paste by adding very little water
- Now apply this paste to the chops and leave aside for 2-3 hrs.
- Then cook these chops in a pressure cooker by adding very little water ,since the chops will leave excess water from marination ,cook for 2 whistles then simmer .
- Open the lid and cook with the lid open if still there is water left.
- The chops have to be dried and well coated with masala.
- Allow it to cool for sometime meanwhile beat egg and keep it ready.
- Once the chops have cooled down dip it in the egg then coat it with breadcrumbs.
- Heat the pan ,add oil to shallow fry
- Fry the chops on both sides till they turn brown and crisp.
- Serve along with salad/raita or as a side dish with Biryani /Curries.