Two months back when my hubby brought some evporated milk tins when he came down I thought of making an ice cream with it and using evaporated milk tin instead of whipped cream..It was the first time i was using evaporated milk to make an icecream i was a bit sceptical but to my surprise the kesar pista icecream was super yummy and was loved by all...
The key to whip the evaporated milk is to use it chilled keep the tin in the freezer for 3 hours minimum and then whip it ,you will see how beautifully it triples in volume...i will soon add the stepwise pics in this post or may be a new post coming up in few days...Try this Easy Kesar pista ice cream you will love
Tutti Frutti Icecream Fruit ice cream for the recipe and method...
200 ml/ 1 cup whipped cream
1 cup / 200 ml /half tin Nestle Carnation Evaporated milk
1/2 cup pistachios chopped
few strands saffron soaked in 1/4 cup warm milk
150gms -200 gms/1/2 tin condensed milk
few drops of rose water.
- In a bowl take evaporated milk and with electric beater beat till it triples in volume .
- In another bowl beat the cream till it holds soft stiff peaks
- Now add the saffron,rose water, doubled evaporated milk and condensed milk to the whipped cream and beat on low speed till all mixes well and is creamy.
- Add the chopped pistachios and mix gently.
- Pour it an air tight container and freeze for 5-6 hours.
- Once set enjoy delicious Kesar/saffron and pistachio icecream
You can use chopped almonds if you wish
I have not added any artificial colour hence the pale color..if you want you can add a tiny pinch of yellow food colour or if you want it to be pista icecream you can add 2-3 drops of pista essence and pista green color.
The evaporated milk has to be ice chilled I usually measure it once i open the tin and keep the remaining half in a sealed airtight container in the freezer for later use.
I did not add any extra sugar as i added condensed milk alone,the amount of condensed milk depends on your taste buds you amy add/remove accordingly.
Keep the beaters and the bowl in the fridge for 1 hour before you start beating.
For More Icecreams from my blog click the link below
Tutti frutti Icecream
Custard Apple/Sitaphal Icecream
Eggless Strawberry icecream Natural's style