A simple yet elegant Black forest Cake. This Black Forest Cake/Black Forest Gateau was one of my favourite birthday cakes since childhood ..As a kid I used to only like Black forest and pineapple cake..Now i love chocolate cakes..This Eggless Black Forest cake is actually the most easiest cake ..I have used an eggless chocolate cake for this recipe the cake was soft and just super yummy
You can use cherry pie filling or fresh cherries I had glazed cherries so i used them .So make home your very own Eggless Black Forest Cake and see the smile on your loved ones .I'm sure once you bake your own cake you will never buy a birthday cake from a bakery.
for the cake
1 cup Flour/Maida
1/4 cup milk powder
1/2 cup coco powder
3/4 cup powdered sugar*
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 1/4 cup water
1 tsp vinegar
1/4 cup Oil/Melted Butter
1 tsp Vanilla extract /essence
1 tsp Baking powder
for the cream layer
1 cup whipped cream
2 tbsp icing sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla essence
to garnish and for soaking
cherries as needed
sugar syrup/cherry syrup/pineapple juice to soak
1/2 cup chocolate shavings/grated chocolate
- Mix the flour,baking powder,baking soda ,Coco powder and sieve it add Milk powder and sugar along with it in a bowl
- Then add Oil vanilla and Water.
- Mix together with a whisk or a spoon ,mix well so that there are no lumps.
- Then add water and vinegar mix well,the mixture will be runny.
- Pour it in a greased 6 " pan lined with parchment/butter paper
- Preheat the oven for 10 min at 180 degree Celsius and bake for 35-40 min or till toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Remove the cake room the pan on wire rack and allow it to cool.
- Let the cake cool completely before dividing into half
- I use the thread to cut the cake in two you may use a knife/thread.
- Whip the cream with icing sugar and vanilla essence ,beat till soft peaks are formed.
- Soak the cake with 1 1/2 tsp of /cherry syrup/sugar syrup/pineapple juice.
- Apply whipped cream all over and place some chopped cherries.
- Cover it with remaining half layer and apply whipped cream all over and crumb coat.
- Let the cake cool in the fridge for an hour,then remove and cover the cake completely with whipped cream
- With a piping bag make some designs with a star nozzle
- Place cherry on every design and sprinkle the chocolate shavings in the middle
- Also cover the sides of the cake with chocolate shavings.
- Let it refrigerate for 2-3 hrs before slicing
*You can use 1 cup brown sugar instead of powdered sugar ,i usually add both but here i used powdered sugar.
Use a knife /grater to make your chocolate shavings.I used dark chocolate compound.
If you have chocolate chips ,use that to decorate the cake or you could use chocolate sprinkles alternatively.
Always keep the bowl and the beaters in the fridge before whipping the cream