1 egg* (check Notes)
3/4 cup flour +1 tbsp cornflour
50 gms butter softened
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter milk (1/4 cup milk 1 tsp vinegar/Lime juice)
3/4 tsp baking powder
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp cream/malai
1/2 tsp salt
- Sift the flour/maida ,baking powder and cornflour together.
- Make buttermilk by adding lime or vinegar to the milk,let it sit for few minutes,your buttermilk is ready.
- Line the muffins tray with cupcakes liner .
- In a bowl mix butter and powdered sugar, beat till creamy.
- Add egg and beat till creamy and fluffy the more you beat the fluffier your cupcakes will be.
- Add vanilla and buttermilk,cream/malai and beat till all mixes up,the mixture will look curdled,don't worry.
- Add the sifted flour and beat on low speed till all is combined well
- Pour the batter in the lined cupcake mould and bake for 25 mins at 180 degree/Celsius till tooth pick inserted comes out clean
- Place it on the cooling rack and let them cool completely before frosting
These can be made eggless by simply skipping the egg and adding 1/4 cup of milk that means you will need to add 1/2 cup of milk and 1tbsp vinegar instead of egg.
if you do not have fresh cream use malai/milk cream or simply add a tbsp of milk.
I have not added salt since i used salted butter, add salt if you use unsalted butter.