These are very popular cookies made specially on Chinise New year and other festivals like Eid in Malyasia..
I had made these for Christmas and they were loved and well received by all who tasted them.As i got busy during the entire month of December I just forgot to post them..Anyways its better late than never ..
Now over to the recipe
125 gm butter
75 g icing sugar/powdered sugar sifted
1 egg yolk
225 g flour/2 cup
100 g ground almonds
1 tsp vanilla essence
350-400 gm chocolate compound
1 tsp baking powder # ( see notes )
50 gm almond nibbles
preheat oven 170
Sift flour ,cornflour and baking powder
In a bowl beat sugar and butter together till creamy.
Add egg and essence,beat till pale yellow
If the dough is too soft add more flour
- Divide into marble sized balls
- Bake /toast the almonds for 7-8 min
- Cover the cookie with almond ,shape into oval shaped cookie
- Bake for 20 min 180 degree
- Over double boiler,melt the chopped compound chocolate
- Cool before dipping in melted chocolate
- Dip the cookies in chocolate and with help of spoon/fork lift each cookies and place on paper cups.
- Sprinkle nibbles before chocolate dries
- Store it an air tight container..
you can skip egg you are a vegetarian..jus proceed with the rest of the ingredients.
if the dough is too soft to handle ,keep it in the refrigerator for 15- 20 minutes before you shape it to cookies
# i have tried both method adding baking powder and skipping it..both turns out perfect..i feel skipping is much better.