.It was a super yummy treat..do try this you will love this..perfect for festive occasions or a dinner party.
1/2 kg Mutton chops
1 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
3 thinly sliced onions
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
1 1/2 ts red chilli powder /mutton masala
3-4 green chillies slitted/as per taste
1 tsp garam masala powder
200 gms curds
2 medium tomatoes sliced
for the rice
1/2 kg basmati rice
2 bay leaves
3-4 green cardamom
1/2 tsp shahijeera
1 small stick dalchini/cinnamon
1 thinly sliced crispy fried onion
2 tbsp chopped mint leaves
2-3 tbsp coriander leaves
dry fruits as needed
1 1/2 tbsp ghee
1 tbsp rose water
food colour a tiny drop/saffron soak in 1 tbsp warm milk
- Marinate mutton chops with ginger garlic paste,salt turmeric powder and red chilli powder,slitted green chillies and keep aside for 2 hours or more ,cover and keep in the fridge if keeping for more than 2 hours.
- Fry the thinly sliced onions till golden brown and crisp .
- If using potatoes fry the too and keep aside also fry the nuts and keep aside
- Cook the soaked basmati rice till 3/4th done with the ingredients mentioned
- Drain the rice and keep aside .
- Heat a pressure cooker add oil then add sliced tomatoes fry well till its soft .
- Add the marinated mutton chops and sate over medium heat for 5-7 minutes till the rawness of the ginger garlic paste in the marinade goes away and the meat is well sauteed.
- Then add the garam masala powder and saute for a while.
- Add about 1/2 to 3/3 cup water and cover the pressure cooker with the lid and cook for 3 whistles.
- Take a thick bottomed pan/vessel and heat 1 tsp oil/ghee put layer of rice .
- Add the fried onions,mint and coriander leaves,potatoes and then add the gravy with chops.
- layer it with the remaining rice and sprinkle the fried onions,coriander leaves nuts etc.
- If using colour just add a tiny drop of it/pour the saffron infused milk all over the rice.
- Make 4 holes with back of spoon and add little of 1 tbsp melted ghee in each hole
- Lastly sprinkle rose water cove the lid and cook on high heat for ten minutes then later cook on the lowest flame for 10 minutes.
- Serve with raita/tandoori chicken or any kebab