Strawberry Cupcakes with cream cheese frosting...these cupcakes not only look cute but are very soft and super delish..My family prefers vanilla /fruit cakes over chocolate..So made these lovely cupcakes for them..I had some frosting left from my red velvet cupcakes ,so used it to frost this..
Fresh Strawberry adds a very nice flavour and taste to these cupcakes if you do not have fresh strawberries you could add preserve/coulis.. as well ..For the frosting i added little strawberry crush for the colour and flavour as well.
for the cupcakes
3/4 cup flour/maida/APF
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp baking powder
50 gms + 1 tbsp butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter milk
8-9 strawberries chopped/2 tbsp strawberry preserve
- Sift flour baking powder and cornflour and keep aside
- Line 8 muffin cups with cupcake liner
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes
- Cream Butter and sugar till light and fluffy
- Add one egg and beat well
- Now mix butter milk and vanilla/strawberry essence and mix
- Add sifted flour and fold in with a spatula till all is mixed well
- lastly add the strawberries/preserve and mix well
- Pour the batter in the lined muffin moulds.
- Bake for 2--25 minutes at 180 degree Celsius.
- Allow them to cool completely before you frost it.
- For the strawberry cream cheese frosting I used the leftover frosting from red velvetcupcakes.
- I just added a tablespoon strawberry crush and mixed and then piped it using a 2d tip.
1/4 cup milk + 1 tsp vinegar/lime juice = butter milk
if you don't want to add egg,skip and add 1/2 cup buttermilk in place of 1/4 cup
you can use whipped cream frosting to decorate them as well
if you don't have strawberries/crush/preserve just add the strawberry essence and 1 tbsp strawberry custard powder instead of cornflour.