Somehow they convinced me that it was not made from bajra alone but there was kheema/mince too ..then aunty made sure she fed me those yummy kababs..after that day bajra became my fav i told mom to make similar kababs and also loved eating bajre ka rotla with white butter and jaggery.
Time flies away now we all are in different parts of world still connected through wats app FB and we meet very often .Of late when we met i made these kheeme ke kababs ,cakes,some stuffed buns and sandwiches and they all loved it..
These kache kheeme ke kebabs /bajre ke kababs are the best way you can feed your fussy kids bajra/pearl millet these kheeme ke kababs have greens ,you can cheat and also add spinach and methi my mom did that to feed me greens when i was a kid. These bajra kababs /kheeme ke kababs can be made and frozen for a week or two when you want just deep fry them..
these are really very yummy,bajra flour does the work of binding so there is no need to add egg,i always add roasted besan along with bajra makes the kebabs really crisp.
500 gms mince mutton/chicken
2 tsp ginger garlic paste
3-4 green chillies crushed/chopped finely
2 spring onions ,both green and bulb cut fine
2 tbsp mint leaves/pudina chopped
handful of coriander leaves chopped fine
1 tsp red chilli flakes/1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/4 cup bajra/pearl millet flour
1 tbsp besan/gram flour roasted.
1/2 tsp garam masala powder.
1 tsp oil
oil to deep fry
dry roast and coarsely powder
6-7 pepper corns
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1/2 tsp fennel seeds
- Wash the mutton /chicken mince well ,drain all water and grind in a mixer till you get fine mince/paste.
- Skip if you have mince at hand.
- To the mince add salt ,ginger garlic paste,green chilli paste lime juice and mix well
- Keep this in the fridge for 1-2 hours
- Remove the mince add chopped coriander mint leaves,spring onion ,garam masala ,freshly ground powder
- Add besan and bajra flour and 1 tsp oil now mix all this really well ,you can fry this right away or keep aside in the fridge
- Make balls and deep fry on medium flame till golden brown.
- Enjoy these yummy crispy fried kebabs with chutney /sauce/any dip.
You don't need to add eggs but if you feel the mince mixture would break while frying you can add 1 egg and mix well then make balls and fry.
Fry over medium flame and make sure the oil is hot enough before you add the kebabs in the oil.
Fry in batches do not overcrowd the pan/kadhai.
If you don't have spring onion you could use any onion but spring onion adds a nice flavour.