One of my favourite dessert, Kesar Shrikhand is very popular Indian dessert famous in Maharashtra and Gujarat made from hung curd and sugar..its one of the most easiest recipe.Shrikhand is easily available in the market but can be made at home easily and i always prefer Homemade Shrikhand ,Shrikhand can be made in varieties of flavour Amongst all Kesar Shrikhand is my favourite,I have added nuts to this so its a rich kesar shrikhand with dry fruits or you can even call it Kesar badam pista shrikhand.
Make sure you use thick curds for better results .You can enjoy shrikhand with any meal. Shrikhand with puri is a great combo we always make shrikhand when we have potato sabzi with pooris.
2 cups Curds/yogurt
3/4 to 1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp saffron/kesar
1 -2 tbsp milk
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
10 -15 almonds
10 -15 pistachios
- Soak Saffron in warm milk
- Hung curds in a muslin cloth for 4-6 hrs till all water drains
- Take a bowl in that add powdered sugar and the hung curd mix well with a whisk.
- Add the saffron dissolved milk and mix well
- Add 1 -2 tbsp more milk if you find the hung curd is too thick
- Add 1/2 tsp cardamom powder,powdered/flaked pista mix all well
- Keep it in the refrigerator to chill for an hour or two...
- Enjoy delicious Homemade shrikhand.
Use thick curds for better results,preferably made from full fat cream milk.
If making it a night ahead ,hung curds and tie the muslin cloth and keep it on a strainer and keep a vessel below the strainer and place it in the refrigerator .
Adjust sugar as per your taste,you can also use powdered sugar and then mix it .