Khata dhoklas can be made easily if you have idli batter in the fridge just mix few ingredients and steam and you have a plate of delicious khata dhokla ready in minutes.Do try it for breakfast/evening snack..its yumm
2 cup idli batter
1/4 cup curds/dahi/yogurt
2 green chilli and half inch ginger crushed together.
1 packet eno fruit salt
1 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp black peeper crushed
1/2 tsp red chilli powder
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
6-7 curry leaves
- Mix together Curds,chilli paste ,idli batter in a bowl
- Add sugar ,salt ,oil and mix well
- Grease a 8/ 9 inch thali with some oil
- Just before steaming Add eno and mix gently but be quick.
- Pour in the batter in the prepared thali/plate
- Sprinkle pepper powder and red chilly powder over it
- Steam in an idli pot/steamer for 10-12 minutes
- Meanwhile prepare the tadka/tempered oil
- Heat oil ,add mustard seeds once they splutter add curry leaves
- Pour the tadka oil all over the dhokla..
- Cut into diamond shape and serve with chutney.