This moist eggless chocolate cake is perfect for birthdays anniversaries or just when you crave for a decadent moist chocolate cake.Its soft and so moist that it melts in the mouth .You don't need any sugar syrup to soak it..You can use ganache to sandwich it in between ,I generally do that but since i had some whipped cream left from cupcakes i decided to use it in this .
Do try this ,I'm sure you will love it..
1 cup flour/maida
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbsp milk powder
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/4 cup plus 2 tbsp oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 cup water
1 tsp vinegar
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 cup whipped cream
250 gms dark chocolate
200 ml fresh cream
- Preheat the oven at 160-170 degree for 10 minutes
- line a 6 inch cake tin with butter paper/parchment and grease it with oil
- Sift together flour,cocoa ,milk powder baking powder and baking soda and salt
- In a bowl add sifted flour and powdered sugar mix with a hand whisk
- To this add water,vanilla and oil
- Just before putting the cake in the oven add vinegar and mix well
- Pour the batter in the prepared cake tin
- Bake for 30-35 minutes or till toothpick comes out clean
- Let the cake cool completely before you slice it...
- For ganache ....Heat cream over lowest flame just till bubble appears on the edges
- Remove from the flame and add chopped chocolate and let it sit for few minutes
- Then mix with a spatula till all mixed well .
- Cut the cake into half
- Add whipped cream and spread evenly
- Place the other half of the cake .
- Keep it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes atleast
- Cover the cake completely with ganache
- keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes
- Take about 2 tbsp ganache and add 2 tsp milk and heat it ..
- Now spread this ganache to give the cake a mirror glaze
- Decorate the cake by piping some rossetes with ganache or decorate as you wish...
Cut and enjoy mouthmelting moist chocolate cake...