My family loved this snack it goes well with any sauce .Kids love them .Perfect evening snack specially now in the rainy season
The cross box pattice design is inspired by Mishi Bukhari .The filling i used here is creamy chicken which I also used for Stuffed capsicum .
12-14 samosa Patti/sheets(you will need 2 for each pattice)
Chicken filling/veg of your choice
Paste of 2 tbsp flour and water to cover the box patties
oil to deep fry
- Here is the stepwise pictures on how to fold the box patties
- You can keep it simple by just folding like this
- Or cut them into strips like shown below and cover each strip overlapping with the opposite strip.
- Add the paste on each strip so that it sticks to the patties.
- Repeat the same for all Cross Box patties .
- Once you have filled them you can freeze it to fry for later.
- Or fry them straight away.
- For frying you will need some oil to deep fry .
- Heat oil in a kadhai/pan.
- Fry the Box patties on both sides till golden brown and crisp.
- Remove the excess oil on a kitchen towel.
- Serve hot with any dip or Ketchup.
Creamy chicken filling
Chicken and capsicum filling