The key to perfect succulent tikka lies in the marination. This hariyali chicken tikka is pretty much similar to the malai tikka which i have posted in the bog already except for the colour and few ingredients.
Next time you host a party don't forget to try these yummy tikkas you can make a tikka platter with this hariyali tikka,kalimiri chicken tikka, tandoori chicken,malai tikka and some more tikkas which i will soon share
500 gms boneless chicken
2 tbsp curds
1 1/2 tbsp ginger garlic paste
1/2 cup cream
6-8 green chllies/as needed
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
1/2 cup coriander leaves
1 tbsp mint leaves/pudina
1/2 tsp pepper crushed
1 tsp roasted cumin powder
- Cut the boneless chicken into 1 1/2 " chunks
- Add salt and keep aside.
- Make a paste of coriander leaves green chilli and mint.
- Take a bowl ,mix curd salt,fresh cream ginger garlic paste, cumin and garam masala powder .
- Mix in the coriander chilli paste .
- Marinate the chicken pieces well with this marinade for 2-3 hours or overnight .
- Put the chunks in the skewers and place it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Heat non sitck pan add 1 tsp oil and place the skewers ,cook on both sides till done.
- You can grill them in oven for 15- 20 minutes at 200 degree Celsius.
- Or even pan fry them using 1 tbsp oil till they are done and later infuse the coal smoke.
- Serve with mint chutney/lemon wedges,onion rings.
Keep the marinated chicken in the fridge
If using wooden skewers soak it in water for 1-2 hrs
you may increase the amount of green chillies as per your taste,i have used the light green variety of chillies
I cooked them in a pan till they were half done then grilled them holding the skewers over the flame
I ha kept coals burning on the gas stove to give it a barbeque taste.
You can pan fry them till done and later infuse coal smoke.