Since i posted goda masala i received many msgs and emails asking to share recipes using it..I have lined up recipes using goda masala in the coming weeks.
Masale bhaat is one of my favourite dish since childhood i have lovely memories attached with this dish.My dads friends wife used to send me a big tiffin filled with delicious masale bath .
I mostly prepare Masale bhaat on the days i don't eat non veg ..its not only delicious but a filling healthy one pot meal.
1 cup basmati rice
1/2 cup green peas
1/2 cup cauliflower florets
4-5 tendli/ivy gourd
2 small brinjal
1 1/2 tbsp goda masala recipe here
1 tsp chilli powder
1/4 tsp haldi/turmeric powder
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp oil
1/2 tsp mustard seeds
1/2 cup fresh grated coconut grated
- Soak basmati rice for 20 minutes
- cut all the veggies and keep in water.
- Heat the vessel/pressure cooker add oil then add bay leaves
- Add mustard seeds once the crackle add the veggies and saute over medium flame for 4 minutes
- Add Goda masala ,chilli powder,turmeric powder ,drained rice and salt and saute for few minutes
- Add 2 cups water ,check for salt ,add if needed
- Cover the lid and pressure cook for 2 whistles.
- Let the steam escape,open the lid.
- Fluff with fork.
- Add The grated coconut ,coriander leaves and cashews on top
- Serve hot with pickle papad/raita.
- I have used pressure cooker to cook this ,you can cook in a vessel,you may just add 2 1/2 hot water
- cooking in vessel lower the gas after it comes to a nice boil and the water almost disappears lower the flame and cook until done .
- you can use any veggies you wish too these are basic veg that goes into it
- you can use kolam/any short grain rice.