Coming back to this chocolate Birthday cake it was really the best. It pairs well with ganache but also taste good with chocolate butter cream..
If you are not a chocolate person try whipped cream frosting for this cake but definitely chocolate ganache taste awesome with this ..
The recipe is very simple .Do try and enjoy a moist rich and chocolate-y treat
1 cup sugar
3/4 cup flour/maida
1/4 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup buttermilk
1/2 cup coffee
1/4 cup oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
for the ganache
200 ml fresh cream
200gms dark chocolate chopped
- Heat oven at 180 degree and preheat for 10 minutes
- Grease a 6 inch pan and line with parchment
- Combine all dry ingredients and set aside
- In a bowl take eggs buttermilk coffee and oil and vanilla beat on medium speed for 2 minutes
- Mix in the dry ingredients and beat for a minute on low speed
- Pour the batter in the prepared tin
- Bake for 30- 35 minutes or till tonight inserted comes out clean
- Allow the cake to cool completely.
- Meanwhile prepare the ganache
- In a pan pour the cream and heat it in low flame till bubble start appearing in the sides , switch the flame off
- Add chopped chocolate and let it sit
- After few minutes mix it with a whisk or spatula until all the Chocolate is mixed with the cream and the ganache is ready.
- Cut the cake into half
- Apply ganache to Sandwich the cake
- And coat the cake fully with ganache
- Pipe out some rosette and garnish with maltesers/dairy milk shots
- And at the sides stick some almond flakes
- Let it set in the refrigerator for an hour
Making your own buttermilk is very easy just add 1/2 tsp lime juice or vinegar to 1/2 cup milk ,stir and let it sit for 5 minute.
You can omit the egg and add more 1/4 cup buttermilk.
For piping the Rosette I have mixed whipping cream to the melted chocolate.
Adding coffee is purely optional you make just add water instead
If using coffee just mix 1/ 2 tsp coffee in the water.you can add boiling coffee too
Eggless Moist Chocolate
Chocolate Orange Cake
Eggless Black Forest