I made a small batch as there were so many sweets already at home. You can double or triple the recipe to get a bigger batch as this just yielded ne some 8-10 pieces and it was over in a jiffy .
200 gms mava/khoya/mawa
1/2 cup sugar
Pinch of cardamom powder
1/8 tsp nutmeg powder
1/4 cup chopped almonds, cashews, pista
- Heat a nonstick pan add Khoya
- On low flame roast it well till it turns brown
- Once brown keep aside
- Make syrup in the same pan.
- Add sugar and 2 tbsp water in the pan
- Boil till sugar dissolves completely
- Boil for 3-4 minutes till this syrup reaches one string consistency.
- Add cardamom powder nutmeg powder to the syrup and add the Khoya
- Mix on low flame till it leaves sides.
- Pour on greased plate
- Sprinkle nuts and press it with a spatula so that it sticks.
- Cut into squares while warm.
- Let it cool until set
I have also tried this using 2tbsp- 3tbsp leftover sugar syrup from gulab jamun .
you can add 1 -2 tbsp ghee while you add roasted khoya to the syrup ,i didn't add.