.I have shared one version of nevries in the blog earlier which has dry coconut and semolina filling those nevries stays for a month but the ones made with fresh coconut will last just for 7 days .
hence we make this just 2-3 days before Christmas i love the nevries made with fresh coconut and jaggery the filling can be kept simple or you can make it rich by adding lots of dry fruits.
I'm sharing today .these nevries are flaky and crispy with a moist yummy filling of jaggery and fresh coconut.
for the outer covering
1 cup coconut grated
1/2 cup jaggery
1 tbsp ghee
10 -12 cashews broken
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Knead a soft dough by mixing flour little ghee and milk/water .
- Cover with a damp cloth keep aside .
- Make the filling by adding a tbsp ghee in a pan/vessel.
- Once the ghee is hot add the grated coconut and the dry fruits saute well
- Add the cardamom powder and the grated coconut ,mix over low flame
- Once the jaggery has mixed well with coconut ,switch the flame off.
- Your mixture is now ready ,allow it to cool.
- Now mix colour if using and knead well till the colour has mixed.
- Roll the dough into a chapati and spread mixture of dalda and cornflour ,spread it all over the chapati like a thin paste.
- Roll the chapati cut and divide into small rolls.
- Flatten each roll and roll it into small circle like puri.
- Put the jaggery filling and add water on the sides .
- Cover the other half to form a crescent.
- Repeat the same with all.
- Heat ghee/dalda and oil in a kadhai
- Once the ghee is hot fry the nevri on med flame.
For the multicoloured nevri i have place 3 colour rolled dough ,applied the dalda mixture and then rolled and followed the same method to cut and fill .
You can use palm jaggery or the pyramid jaggery as well.