Chicken Shashlik is served with sauce /gravy and fried rice. These Chicken Shashlik are Chinese style shashliks.These are really yummy and can be a great appetisers for a party as well..Shashlik are pretty simple and easy to make. ..Have seen this recipe been shared in many groups and was tempted to try..I have tried and kept it simple by using the ingredients I had at hand..You can use colourful bell peppers to make it look more pretty.
400 gms chicken breast/boneless
1 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp lemon/lime juice
1 1/2 tsp black pepper crushed
1 tsp chilli garlic sauce
1 tsp oil
- Cut the chicken into small cubes and wash it well.
- Keep the wooden skewers in water for 30 minutes
- Also cut the capsicum ,onion and tomato into cubes.
- Remove the seeds from the tomatoes.we just need the flesh.
- Marinate the chicken well with salt ,pepper ,lime ,ginger garlic paste and the sauces .
- Keep it aside for 30 minutes
- Also add the cubed veggies in the marinade .
- Place the chicken and the capsicum ,onion and tomato in the skewers alternatively.
- When you are ready to cook ,heat a grill/non stick pan
- Add 1 tbsp oil ,once the oil is hot place the skewers.
- Fry on medium flame till its nice and brown in colour.
- Serve it as an appetizer or with fried rice and Manchurian