250 g mava/khoya
1/2 cup sugar
6-7 green cardamom
A generous pinch of saffron/kesar soaked in 1 tbsp warm milk
- Take a heavy bottomed pan or kadhai , I use non stick pan add the Khoya and sugar and mix on low flame.
- Add saffron infused milk and cardamom powder and mix .
- Keep stirring continuously till sugar dissolves and the mixture starts to leave sides.
- Once you see oil releasing and mixture leaving sides ,switch off the flame and take the mixture in a greased thali or plate .
- Let the mixture cool.
- Divide the mixture in small balls and shape it into round pedas.
- I have used a fondant cutter to give it a design you may simply stick almonds or pista flakes on the Peda.
- Enjoy delicious home-made pedas .