1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup malai
40 gm butter or ghee
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
drop of pink colour
sliced almonds for garnish
- Bring malai ghee or butter at room temperature.
- Sift flour with 1 tsp baking powder and keep aside.
- Line a 7 inch pan with parchment paper grease with oil.
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius for 10 minutes
- In a bowl beat ghee ,butter and malai with sugar.
- Beat till the mixture is creamy and fluffy.
- Break eggs and add .
- Also add milk and vanilla and beat till fluffy.
- Fold in the sifted flour,I used the beater on the lowest speed to mix the flour into the mixture
- Now take half of the mixture In a bowl and add a drop of pink liquid food colour and mix with spoon.
- Scoop out the batter in the prepared pan.
- You can first arrange the white layer and over that put the pink coloured batter or arrange as we do it in marble cake .
- Garnish with almonds.
- Bake for 40 minutes till skewer comes out clean .
you can use fresh cream in case you don't have malai
adding colour is purely optional
You can add sliced almonds to the cake batter as well
to make it eggless add 1/2 cup thick yogurt/dahi
1 cup is 200ml