Malai Cake/Malai Cake Recipe

Malai Cake or cream cake is soft and very delicious cake ..My Mom prefers using Malai/Cream instead of butter .I have shared a version of Malai Mava Cake  in blog .This is a simple cake with just Malai and little butter as I love cakes with butter 😁

malai cake
I have  been enjoying Mom's cake since a kid.The Malai makes the cake soft and delish. Here I have just added little colour to the batter and just garnished with almonds. The cake was loved by all.You can add ghee as well it gives a very nice aroma and makes it delicious. I will soon share other versions of this cake Do try this and let me know how it turned out to be.
how to make cake with malai/cream /balai

Ingredients
1 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup malai
40 gm butter or ghee
1/4 cup milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
drop of  pink colour
sliced almonds for garnish


Method

  • Bring malai ghee or butter at room temperature.
  • Sift flour with 1 tsp baking powder and keep aside.
  • Line a 7 inch pan with parchment paper grease with oil.
  • Preheat oven at 180 degree  Celsius for 10 minutes



  • In a bowl beat ghee ,butter and malai with sugar.
  • Beat till the mixture is creamy and fluffy.
  • Break eggs and add .
  • Also add milk and vanilla and beat till fluffy.
  • Fold in the sifted flour,I used the beater on the lowest speed  to mix the flour into the mixture 



  • Now take half of the mixture In a bowl and add a drop of pink liquid food colour and mix with spoon.
  • Scoop out the batter in the prepared pan.
  • You can first arrange the white layer and over that put the pink coloured batter or arrange as we do it in marble cake .
  • Garnish with almonds.
  • Bake for 40 minutes till skewer comes out clean .

Allow it to  cool before  slicing

This cake tastes yummy when it's warm but be careful while you slice..
notes
you can use  fresh  cream in case you don't have malai
adding colour is purely optional
You can add sliced almonds to the cake batter as well
to make it eggless add 1/2 cup thick yogurt/dahi  
1 cup is 200ml 





NewerStories OlderStories Home

12 comments:

  1. HI, We get two types of Creams in our grocery store. Thick cream and single / cooking cream? I am little confused what should be used for the Malai Cake.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not so sure but I suppose any cooking cream should work well..is the thick cream cooking cream too?

      Delete
  2. The cake looks really soft and delicious too... love the light pink shades in between... lovely clicks too...

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks so soft and delicious... I am drooling now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Malai cake is smiling right now at me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soft and yummy cake.Thanks for eggless option too.On my todo list now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! cake looks so soft, moist and yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can I use heavy whipping cream??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks amazingly moist and yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Malai cake looks so soft and tempting. I've yet to try using malai and mawa in my cakes.

    ReplyDelete