Pani Puri/Golgappa puchka whatever you name it .One of the most loved and most popular chats in India .In Mumbai you will see a stall almost in every corner of the road .Pani puri has been a favourite since I was a kid I still enjoy having pani puri though now I make it at home more frequently so that we enjoy hygienic delicious pani puri to our hearts content in the comforts of our home .
In Mumbai we get ragda pani our I and also pain our I with potato sprouts filling I enjoy both do sharing both the version
You can find the recipe for chutney and Ragda in the bloog ,I have posted the links below .
For now lets enjoy some mouthwatering Pani Puri
Puris as required (i used store brought)
1/2 cup Boondi
- For the pani take 2-3 tbsp of the green chutney add chilled water ,sprinkle some rock salt and a pinch of roasted cumin powder
- add the boondis .
- You can mix the sweet tamarind chutney to the pani and mix well or you can serve it separately.
For the sprouts and potato filling
1 boiled and ,mashed potato
1/2 cup boiled Moong sprouts
1/2 tsp cumin powder
salt to taste
Ragda as required
- Keep all things ready ,the puris. The chutney the pani ,ragda and stuffing .
- Crack small hole in centre of each puri.
- Fill in the sprouts or ragda
- Top it with some boondis
- Add both the chutneys or the mixed paani
- Eat immediately.
Then Enjoy some masala puris/sukha puris simply add the ragda or sprouts potato mixture ,little boondis ,sprinkle some chaat masala and cumin powder .
And top it up with lots of sev
- Click here for Ragda, ,Tamarind Chutney Green Chutney for chaats
- The pani or spiced water can also be made using the pani puri masala/jaljira available easily in case you don't have time to make the chaat chutney's
- The water should be chilled it taste best when the ragda is hot and the paani is super chilled .
- Some people prefer adding chopped onions with the potato sprouts/ragda .