1/2 cup fresh grated coconut
1/4 cup dessicated coconut
4-5 green chillies
1 tbsp coriander seeds
1 tsp cumin seeds
6-7 pepper corns
1 tsp heaped bottle masala/malvani masla/fish masla
7-8 garlic cloves
1 inch ginger chopped
2 onions sliced
- Clean the Crabs but don't throw away the small legs/fangs this is to be ground fine and the juice is to be added in the masala ,it will bring out real flavour.
- Dry roast the spices and chillies till nice aroma comes
- Dry roast the scraped coconut and fresh grated coconut on low flame till it turns light brown.
- Remove in a plate and allow to cool ,then add 1 tsp oil and add sliced onions and roast till the onion turn light golden.
- Grind together coconut,spices and onions and ginger garlic by adding little water to a smooth fine paste.
- Heat oil in a vessel ,add ground masala and the ground paste of the legs/fangs
- Now add the bottle masla/malwani masala/fish masla
- Saute on med flame for 5-7 minutes till the oil separates.
- Add the crabs and mix well.
- Add about 2- 3 cups water depending on the consistency of the gravy you want.
- Cover with a lid and bring it to a nice boil.
- It will take 10-12 mins till the crabs cook well.
- lastly add tamarind pulp and simmer for 3-4 mins
- Switch off the gas ,curry is ready to be served Enjoy it with rice/rotis/bread.