These are very popular cookies made specially on Chinise New year and other festivals like Eid in Malyasia..
I had made these for Christmas and they were loved and well received by all who tasted them.As i got busy during the entire month of December I just forgot to post them..Anyways its better late than never ..
Now over to the recipe
125 gm butter
75 g icing sugar/powdered sugar sifted
1 egg yolk
225 g flour/2 cup
100 g ground almonds
1 tsp vanilla essence
350-400 gm chocolate compound
1 tsp baking powder # ( see notes )
50 gm almond nibbles
preheat oven 170
Sift flour ,cornflour and baking powder
In a bowl beat sugar and butter together till creamy.
Add egg and essence,beat till pale yellow
add flour ,almond flour baking powder if using and fold till you get soft dough
If the dough is too soft add more flour
- Divide into marble sized balls
- Bake /toast the almonds for 7-8 min
- Cover the cookie with almond ,shape into oval shaped cookie
- Bake for 20 min 180 degree
- Over double boiler,melt the chopped compound chocolate
- Cool before dipping in melted chocolate
- Dip the cookies in chocolate and with help of spoon/fork lift each cookies and place on paper cups.
- Sprinkle nibbles before chocolate dries
- Store it an air tight container..
you can skip egg you are a vegetarian..jus proceed with the rest of the ingredients.
if the dough is too soft to handle ,keep it in the refrigerator for 15- 20 minutes before you shape it to cookies
# i have tried both method adding baking powder and skipping it..both turns out perfect..i feel skipping is much better.