This Indian Bakery Honey Cake is perfect for a birthday party too you can serve these sqaures for your kids birthday party.
Do try it You will love the soft melt in mouth indian bakery honey cake for sure..You can add colour to the cake batter to make it look more pretty and colourful I have not added any colour.
1/2 cup + 2 tbsp butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup flour/maida
1 tsp baking powder
2 tbsp milk
1 tsp vanilla essence
For the honey syrup
1/4 cup honey
2 tbsp sugar
1/2 cup water
1 tsp rose essence
2 tbsp jam
2 tbsp desiccated coconut
- Prepare the pan by greasing it and lining it with parchment /butter paper.
- Sift Maida/Flour with baking powder and keep aside.
- Pre heat the oven at 180 degree for 10 minutes.
- Beat butter and sugar till light and creamy.
- Add in one egg at a time and beat till well combined.
- Add in the other egg and continue to beat.
- Also add vanilla essence and mix well.
- Fold in the flour with a spatula till all mix well ,make sure there are no lumps.
- Add milk to loosen the mixture and mix till you get a smooth batter.
- Pour the batter in prepared cake tin and bake for 35-40 minutes at 160-170C or till the toothpick/skewer inserted come out clean.
- Allow the cake to come to room temperature then unmould it.
- Meanwhile prepare the syrup by boiling water sugar and honey for 3-4 minutes till you get syrup consistency.
- And melt the jam over low flame adding 1 tsp sugar in a pan .
- Just make few holes with the toothpick all over the cake
- Pour the syrup while its still warm.
- Apply the jam all over the cake.
And sprinkle desiccated coconut all over.
Cut in squares and enjoy.
I have used only 2-3 tbsp of the honey syrup and just used 2 tbsp jam because i didn't want it to be over sweet ,it was just perfect but you could add the entire syrup it will get soaked in the cake and make it more soft and delish.
I used mixed fruit jam you my use apricot/strawberry too.
If you wish to add colour just add few drops of cooking colour to the batter.
My cake was perfectly baked in 40 mins ,your baking time may vary .