Well coming back to today's post .I have been a die hard fan of good mawa cakes and have always been trying recipes at home.My mawa and pista cake pista cake was one of such experiment which proved to be a huge hit Not only me and my family love it but so many who tried it loved .It was a huge hit in the groups I posted and I got wonderful feedback from all those who tried.
This recipe is very easy and gives you the best mawa cupcakes..You can enjoy delicious parsi mawa cupcakes at home .I will soon share another version of mawa cupcakes in the blog soon ,Yes even eggless ones I remember I need to post them soon.Until then try these delicious parsi mawa cupcakes and do share your feedback.
150 gm all purpose flour/Maida
100 gm butter
1 tsp baking powder*
150 gm mawa
200 gm powdered sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom powder**
1/4 tsp vanilla essence optional***
3 tbsp milk
- Sift flour and baking powder and set aside
- Preheat oven at 180 degree Celsius
- Line 10 muffin moulds with cupcakes Liners
- In a bowl combine butter and sugar and beat till fluffy
- Add in the crumbled mawa and continue to beat
- Add eggs one at a time and beat till all well combined
- Now add the other egg ,cardamom powder,vanilla if using and mix well
- Add milk and beat
- Fold in the sifted flour and mix well.
- I have used the beater on lowest speed to mix the batter .
- Scoop the batter in cupcake liners just till 3/4 th full
- Bake for 20-25 minutes at 180 degree Celsius till tooth pick instead comes out clean.
- Allow it cool completely.
I have used unsweetened mawa /khoya.
If you don't find mawa at hand make.instant mawa by mixing milk powder ghee and cream.
These stay well for 3 days of kept in air tight container if it remains 😁😂They are super addictive and are wiped out the day i bake them.
feel free to add cashews or any other nuts.
Since I am in love with vanilla I added 1/4tsp you can skip and onky add cardamom powder alone.
The parsi mawa cakes are little bit on a denser side ,we prefer fluffy cuppies hence added 1 tsp ,you can add only 1/2 tsp baking powder if you wish .