1 cup basmati rice
1/2 cup green peas
1-2 tbsp raisins ,cashews
2 bay leaves
1 inch cinnamon stick
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
2 star anise
3-4 green cardamon
2 cup coconut milk
1/2 tsp turmeric powder.
salt as needed
1 tbsp ghee /oil.
- Wash,soak rice for about 15 minutes drain and set aside.
- Heat ghee/oil in a vessel and fry the cashews & raisins & keep aside.
- In the remaining ghee add the spices .
- Now mix in the rice and fry well for 5 minutes over medium flame.
- Add the green peas,salt,turmeric powder,coconut milk and the chopped coriander leaves.
- Bring it to a boil ,cook over low flame.
- Cook till the rice and peas are cooked.
- Fluff the rice with fork, garnish with fried nuts and coriander leaves .
- Serve hot with curry of your choice.