Mithi Seviyan /Meethi seviyan/Seviyan/Sweet Vermicelli

Mithi Seviyan/Seviyan a delicious dessert which can be made quickly.Its made on Eid and special oocassions but at my place it is made every second day ..We love it so much .Right from childhood I have been a fan of seviyan ,we call it sweet shev at home..I remember mom making it with fine roasted vermicelli that we used to get in a brown long packet.It was a daily routine to have seviyan as evening snack.
Mom made with just milk sugar and dry fruits ,we still love that But at time  I add condensed milk it gives a nice rich taste,If its  aspecial ocassion I do add khoya/mawa it makes it even more delicious.
1cup Seviyan crushed/broken in small pieces( i use fine roasted )
Ghee 1 tbsp tsp
Condensed milk 1/2 cup/ 200 gm
Cardamom powder 1tsp
Water./Milk 1 cup
Almonds Pista Cashews and Raisins as needed

  • Heat ghee in a pan ,add seviyan saute for few minutes
  • Add  milk and let it cook,stirring it for 3 to 4 minutes
  • Add the condensed milk and dry fruits
  • Cook till mixture thickens and the liquid dries up
  • Lastly add cardamom powder and mix well
  • Garnish with some chopped dry fruits 


If you using non roasted vermicelli/seviyan then you need to roast the seviyan in ghee till it turns golden brown.
You can also add khoya or mawa if you prefer
if you want to skip condensed milk ,add sugar instead

NewerStories OlderStories Home

1 comments:

Anupa Joseph (Palaharam) said...

That is one thing that I used to trade my tiffin with my friend back in school. Loved it... So perfectly done

Post a Comment