Focaccia is very delicious bread very similar to pizza .Focaccia is either topped with herbs or olives and onions..Focaccia is very easy to make and can be flavoured with any vegetable,herbs cheese or anything you wish too.Here i have used herbs,olives ,capsicum and onion and it turned out to be so yumm that it vanished in no time..
Focaccia can be served as a snack or appetizer or even with your favourite pasta or pair it with soup.It is soft and airy .Do try it you will love and will be baking Focaccia more often.
2 1/2 cup flour
1 tsp yeast
1 cup warm water
1 1/2 tsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp mixed herbs
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/4 cup olive oil
1 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp rosemary
- In a bowl add yeast sugar and water ,cover and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- The yeast will be frothy.
- Take a big bowl,add sifted flour salt,herbs ,chilli flakes to this add yeast and start to knead.
- Add 2 tbsp olive oil and knead till you get soft,smooth dough
- Keep the dough covered and allow it to rise .
- Once doubled,punch down the air and knead the dough again for 2 minutes.
- Take square pan ,line it with parchment and grease with oil,I have used a rectangular pan.
- Place the dough in the baking tin and cover with a damp cloth /loosely with a cling wrap
- Allow it to proof for 30-45 minutes till it doubles in size
- Make dent/dimple in the dough carefully with your finger
- Sprinkle herbs chilli flakes and the remaining toppings .
- Drizzle 2 tbsp olive oil .
- Bake in preheated oven for 22-25 minutes at 180 degree
- Enjoy this delicious focaccia with soup/pasta or just as it is.