1.5 cup kabuli chana /chick peas (soaked overnight in water)
1 large onion chopped finely
2 medium sized tomatoes finely chopped
1" ginger cut into juliennes
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1 tsp coriander powder
1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp amchur/dry mango powder
1/2 tsp garam masala powder
2 bay leaves
2 tbsp oil
salt to taste.
- Soak the chanas/chickpeas overnight in enough water .
- Next day wash the chanas well before boiling.
Pressure cook the chanas with salt and 1/2 tsp sugar (optional) for about 5-6 whistles /till soft.
- Heat oil in a kadhai/vessel ,add bay leaves,cumin seeds, chopped ginger and saute for a min.
- Then add the chopped onions and saute till onion turn soft & translucent.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and fry till oil separates .
- Now mix in the powdered masalas & the cooked chickpeas/kabuli chana.
- Add water depending on how thick you want the gravy.
- Let it come to a boil then simmer and cook for 3- 4 min.
- Serve hot with bhature/poori.
sending this to Haffa's event ..Back to School