15-20 prawns cleaned and de veined
1 1/2 cup rice
3-4 spring onions chopped both green and bulb
8-10 cloves of garlic minced
1 tsp red chili flakes
1/2 capsicum cut in small cubes
1/2 tbsp black pepper crushed
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp oyster sauce
1 tsp chilli sauce
2 tbsp oil
- Soak the cleaned rice for 15 min then boil it in sufficient water with salt ,cook till done strain the water and spread the rice on a plate and let it cool completely.
- Marinate the cleaned prawns with salt lime and pepper and set aside.
- Fry the chopped garlic cloves till golden brown and keep aside
- Use the same oil for the rice.
- Heat oil in a wok/pan
- Add marinated prawns/shrimps toss for few minutes till it turns pink
- Now remove aside then add spring onions and fry on high flame
- Add the capsicum and saute for few minutes.
- Mix in the the fried prawns ,
- Add the chili flakes and the sauces and mix well
- Now add rice and give it a nice mix
- Add more chili flakes and pepper if needed
- Lastly add the fried garlic and toss well
- Garnish with some fried garlic and serve hot with some butter garlic prawns
A day old rice will work perfect ,you can use your leftover rice to make fried rice/ let the rice cool completely before cooking,the rice needs to be cold or it will break while tossing.