250 gms maida/all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
125 gm butter
1.5 tbsp powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
milk to knead
200 gms seedless dates
50 gms walnuts/cashews.
egg yolk + water for egg wash.
- Mix together flour ,butter ,pinch of salt (avoid salt if using salted butter) sugar till it resembles crumbs.
- Adding little milk knead to soft dough.
- Roll it like chapati and cut into strips approx 1 1/2 ''.
- Place the seedless dates and walnut/cashew and roll to cover the edges
- Apply little water to seal the edge .
- Apply the egg wash for glaze.
- Place the rolls on baking tray lined with parchment paper.
- Pre heat the oven for 10 min at 180 degree Celsius.
- Bake for 15 mins.
- Cool completely before storing in airtight containers.