Making Shahi Tukra is very easy at home as the ingredients needed can be found easily in your pantry. as Since today Eid is been celebrated in India I thought of sharing this quick and delicious dessert.
Here's wishing all those celebrating Eid today Eid Mubarak!
4-5 bread slices sides/edges trimmed
1 litre milk
1 1/2 tbsp-2 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
4-5 strands of saffron
Almonds and pista as needed
for sugar syrup
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup water
1 tsp rose water
1/2 tbsp cardamom powder
- Trim the edges of the bread and cut them daigonally , toast them till crisp on a non stick pan
- You can even fry the bread using 1 tbsp ghee
- The breads should be crisp golden brown
- Make sugar syrup by adding sugar and water in a pan
- Let it boil to a thick syrup
- Add cardamom powder and rose water
- Soak the toasted bread in the sugar syrup.
- Make rabri by reducing the milk to half of its quantity add sugar,cardamom powder and saffron.
- While serving take the soaked bread slices and pour the rabri over it
- Garnish with pistachios and almonds.
- Serve it chilled.
- You can also make a thick rabdi and serve ..find the recipe for kesar lacha rabdi here