Crispy delicious fried chicken ..Buttermilk fried chicken is one of most loved fried chicken which is popular over the world esp a hot favourite among kids .
Who doesn't like crispy fried chicken which is juicy from inside of course we all do .
Buttermilk makes the chicken so moist and juicy that the chicken is moist and juicy from within and crispy crunchy outside .This chicken goes well with fries tomato ketchup or garlic sauce .
Try this delicious crispy chicken its finger licking good .
500 gms chicken
For the buttermilk marinade
2 cups buttermilk *
1 1/2 tsp crushed black pepper
1 tsp paprika
1/4 tsp oregano
1 tsp mixed herbs
1/2 tsp chilli flakes
1/2 tsp crushed garlic or garlic paste
For the seasoned flour
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp pepper powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp baking powder
- In a bowl/zip lock bag mix buttermilk and all the ingredients mentioned in the list for buttermilk marinade .
- In the buttermilk marinade add chicken pieces and let it marinate for 3-4 hours .
- Prepare the breading station,by mixing flour herbs salt etc.
- Remove the chicken pieces one by one and place each piece in the flour
- Roll the chicken in the flour and pinch it for the crispy crust
- Repeat with rest of the pieces.
- Dust excess flour .
- You can freeze the chicken at this stage
- Heat oil to deep fry
- Once the oil is hot deep fry the chicken till done.
- It takes 5-7 minutes.
- With a slotted spoon remove the fried chicken.
- Serve hot with ketchup or any dip .
*For Buttermilk add 1 tbsp lime juice/vinegar in 2 cup milk,mix and set aside for 5 minutes then use.
If You don't have paprika use kashmiri chilli powder instead
Use chicken with skin for better results .
You can freeze the marinated chicken once rolled in flour ,arrange it in a single layer on a tray and freeze.
Once frozen you can then store it in zip lock pouch or any airtight container.