Ingredients :(makes six buns)
Recipe Source :mysingaporekitchen
- Plain flour/Maida- 250 grams (a little less than 2 cups)*
- Poolish starter- recipe given below
- Instant Yeast- 1/8 tsp**
- Dry milk powder- 1 tbsp(optional, or may use whey powder)
- Salt- 3/4 tsp
- Honey- 1 tbsp
- Vegetable oil (canola/ sunflower) - 3 tbsp
- Ingredients for the Poolish starter:
- Plain flour- 2 tbsp
- Water- 1cup (at room temperature)
- Yeast- 1/2 tsp
- Sugar- 2tsp
- Sesame seeds- 5 tbsp
- Water- as per requirement.
- Prepare the poolish by mixing the above ingredients to form a slurry.
- Cover with a cling wrap or foil and keep aside for at least 3-4 hours
Method for preparing the hamburger buns:
* If you prefer to make a wholemeal version, try replacing one cup plain flour with 1 cup atta/wholemeal four.
**If using Active dry yeast,bloom the yeast with a bit of water and then add as mentioned in the recipe.This is to ensure that the yeast gets completely incorporated in the flour and the yeast is working plus you don't bite into yeast granules in the final product.