I enjoyed this memoni mutton biryani with Chicken Malai Seekh Kabab and raita ..it was a real feast..do try it out I'm sure you will love it.
for the mutton marination
1/2 kg Mutton
1/2 -3/4 th cup Curds
1 1/2 tsp ginger garlic paste
6-7 green chilli ground to paste
1/2 tsp turmeric powder
1 tbsp coriander powder
1 1/2 tsp chilli powder
masala & layering
3 med sized onions thinly sliced
2 tomatoes sliced/chopped
3 potatoes cut in cubes
2-3 tbsp chopped coriander
1 tbsp mint leaves chopped
1 tsp garam masala powder
saffron infused milk/pinch of saffron colour dissolved in 1 tbsp water
fried nuts as needed
1/2 kg rice soaked for 30 mins
1-2 bay leaves
3-4 green cardamom
1/2 tsp black cumin/shahijeera
1 inch cinnamon
- Marinate mutton pieces with salt curds ,chilli paste ,ginger garlic paste ,coriander powder turmeric powder chilli powder and keep aside for 2-4 hrs or overnight in the fridge.
- Slice 3-4 onions thinly and fry onions till golden brown and crisp
- Cook the soaked basamati rice till 3/4 th done with bay leaf and whole garam masala as mentioned.
- Fry potatoes till light golden and keep aside.
- In pressure cooker vessel add 3 tbsp oil then add the chopped tomatoes and saute add the marinated mutton and 1 tsp garama masala powder saute for 5-7 mins
- Add half of the fried onions and fry well.
- The mixture will leave oil once it reaches this stage add water and the leftover marinade.
- Cover the pressure cooker with lid and cook till done for about 3-4 whistles
- Once done ,release the pressure and open the lid.
- In a thick bottomed pan where you are layering the biryani add 1 tbsp melted ghee or oil then spread half the layer of rice.
- Add the fried potatoes ,coriander mint leaves ,fried onions and the mutton masala and the mace nutmeg and cardamom powder.
- Add the other remaining layer of rice and the chopped coriander leaves and fried onion slices.
- Add saffron infused milk ,1 tbsp ghee and nuts if using .
- Cover the lid tightly and cook on dum for 15-20 mins on a very low flame .
- Serve hot with raita and Kababs.
You may want to try other biryani from my blog
Hyderbadi Chicken Biryani
Chicken Tandoori Biryani
Bombay Mutton Biryani
Green Masala Chicken Biryani